Choosing Pain Management
Many Americans either live with or have experienced an extended period of pain—about one in four people according to the National Center for Health Statistics. Some people choose to accept pain as a part of normal life, but there are a number of solutions that can give you relief. Explore the various ways that a specialist can help you with pain management.
Pain, which is defined as any physical discomfort, can really make it more difficult to get through your day. It can slow you down and limit your range of activity. It can make working, walking, lifting and even doing something as mundane as bending over to tie your shoes a challenge. If you're experiencing chronic or acute pain that interferes with your daily duties, it's not something that you should ignore because in some cases the problem is progressive. Seek help from a specialist who offers a variety of pain management techniques and therapies.
Types of Pain
There's almost always an underlying cause behind pain -- even if it's just stress or a nervous condition. Here are a few of the most common types of pain patients need help with as well as their usual causes:
- lower back pain (usually due to heavy lifting or poor posture)
- neck pain (from whiplash or stress)
- hip and knee pain (due to aging or injury, such as playing sports)
- arthritic joint pain (an autoimmune problem that often runs in the family)
- nerve pain in the limbs (common in fibromyalgia patients)
- diabetic neuropathy (damage to nerves caused by high blood glucose levels)
Treatments Available to You
There are numerous effective, modern treatments available to patients who struggle with pain. Here are a few treatments to discuss with your doctor:
- chiropractic medicine
- specialized exercises
- prolotherapy (a regenerative treatment)
- trigger point injections
- massage therapy
- NSAID medications
The team at Solaris Medical Wellness in Chandler, AZ is committed to getting you back to pain-free living. Call the office today at (480) 802-6617 to schedule an appointment!